I’m always looking for different combinations to promote heart health and provide anti-inflammatory benefits and I’ve nailed a juice that does this most gloriously and tastes fantastic! It’s what I call, Can’t Beet Ginger Juice. It includes beets, ginger, turmeric, and apples. I really can’t get enough Ginger even though I was a Mary Ann fan over Ginger on Gilligan’s Island. Before I share the recipe, let’s take a look at the benefits of each and if you wish to read more, each whole food is linked to the information.
- Anti-inflammatory properties – if you have joint pain, exercise hard, this is fantastic!
- High in fiber – although you lose most or all when juicing; why I juice periodically and eat as many whole plant foods as possible
- High in nitrates – helps open blood vessels and increase blood flow; I have beets before every hared workout and race; also linked to improved brain function and I’m always looking for that…
- Source of potassium – creates more flexible blood vessels for lower blood pressure
- Anti-inflammatory properties – helps with pain relief once again
- Improves blood sugar regulation – great tool for Type 2 diabetes
- Reduces nausea – helps food move through your gut to calm the nerves that trigger vomiting
- Anti-inflammatory properties – broken record here! Awesome broken record…
- Improves memory – helps to lessen the decline in neurocognition (ability to think and reason)
- Lowers risk of heart disease – when you had a 327 cholesterol like I had, this is a great thing!
- Helps fight depression
- Fights cancer
- Protects your heart – broken record
- Boosts brain health – broken record
- May help you lose weight -beautiful thing living a plant-based lifestyle
- Lowers your risk of Type 2 diabetes – broken record
- Fights cancer – broken record…no animal product in any of these…
You can certainly consume these on their own or in another dish and if whole even better as you include the fiber! But, if you are looking for a juice, here’s how I did it using a juicer.
Ingredients (approximate weight)
- Beets – 630g (1.39 lb)
- Ginger – 122g (.27 lb)
- Turmeric – 54g (.12 lb)
- Gala Apples (or apples of choice) – 3 lbs +2 apples
Great thing about a juicer is the only prep you need to do is wash your whole food and then ensure it fits down the chute. Poor into a glass or jar and enjoy! This yielded 4-16 oz bottles of juice.
– Add Health to Your Life