These are resources and professionals that helped me get started and continue to drive my education and pursuit of living a most glorious plant-based lifestyle.
- Download the app or listen to The Rich Roll Podcast online – wealth of long form conversations with leaders in health, fitness, nutrition, art, entertainment, entrepreneurship & spirituality. This is the resource that fueled me the most as I started my transition. Also check out my previous blog, Why you should know Rich Roll, and my Favorite Rich Roll Podcasts.
- Watch What the Health. Great film from the creators of Cowspiracy. It exposes the collusion and corruption in government and big business that is costing us trillions of healthcare dollars, and keeping us sick. The film is currently on Netflix.
- Watch Forks over Knives. The film examines the profound claim that most, if not all, of the degenerative diseases that afflict us can be controlled, or even reversed, by rejecting animal-based and processed foods. You can also access great recipes and register for regular emails from their website.
- Bookmark nutritionfacts.org and watch Dr. Michael Greger’s Uprooting the Leading Causes of Death. Dr. Greger’s website is a strictly non-commercial, science-based public service providing free updates on the latest in nutrition research via bite-sized videos. Dr. Greger’s video (Uprooting…) and Forks over Knives were the first two videos I watched and I was shocked that this information was not shared in mainstream media and education. I have since learned why… I have a page devoted to my favorite Dr. Greger resources.
- Watch the video from Dr. Neal Barnard, What the Dairy Industry Doesn’t Want You to Know. Dr. Barnard established the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) to promote preventive medicine, conduct clinical research, and advocate for higher ethical standards in research. His credentials are endless and you will hear these in the introduction. Subscribe to his YouTube channel…great content.
- If you are an athlete, The Game Changers, is a must watch documentary on the effects of fueling the body for superior athletic performance on a plant-based lifestyle.
- If you are looking for recipe and meal ideas, I have resources to help:
- Use YouTube!!! I continue to find great information and education that lead to something else and then to something else and then to something else….. I then Subscribe to channels I really like. My favorite channels in this space include: