Who doesn’t love an overnight breakfast bowl to fuel your day?!?!? Well, I’m not sure I do but I’m going to try tomorrow for the first time ever! So why have a post on this concoction? I have been sworn that this is dynamite and when I ask for people to share dynamite recipes this one came through with lots of exclamation points and conviction. This mix is full of heart healthy and tasty ingredients via Lauren Nolan.
If you know Lauren, nailing her down to actually measure ingredients just isn’t a gonna happen…it’s an Italian thing she says but I got her to this guesstimate and as she also says and I agree, play with it and dial up or dial down ingredients to the combinations you like and toppings you prefer. Also changing the toppings is a great idea to fuel our gut with different plant foods…more diversity the better to power our immune system.
Overnight Ingredients (base)
- 1:1 ratio of your favorite plant-based milk and coconut canned-milk (fill half your breakfast bowl…) – Lauren REALLY REALLY loves Thai Lite Coconut Milk (canned) & Extra Creamy Oat Milk
- Chia Seeds – 1/4 cup (high in Omega-3s….heart healthy gloriousness!)
Morning Ingredients (toppings)
- Fruit (blueberries, bananas, strawberries, etc.)
- Coconut shavings
- Sweetener drizzled (i.e. date syrup, agave, honey)
- Stir chia seeds and milk combination in the breakfast bowl and place in refrigerator for one hour or up to overnight
- Remove from refrigerator and mix
- Place your toppings in the bowl and make it look pretty before you devour it
- Change it up every time!
Fuel Your Body to Start the Day was a previous blog illustrating the importance of starting our day off with a powerhouse combination like this. Enjoy and share what you come up with. Carbs rule!
– Add Health to Your Life