I cannot wait for the 2nd gathering at the Giraffe’s Den. We will cook the “Bean and Spinach Curry” via The Happy Pear, share potluck dinner mains, sides and desserts and then make Almond-Chocolate Truffles from Dr. Michael Greger’s new book, How Not to Die Cookbook. If you would like to make something else while we are here we can do that too.
This event will have a Dr. Greger theme as he is coming to Florida February 25. Check out the Events page for more information.
If you are interested in attending please click on The Healthy Giraffe Facebook link and click on Interested or Going.
Details for the night:
- Spirit of event:
- Prepare, cook and eat healthy foods
- Share information, resources, and food in an effort to live a healthy lifestyle
- WE will make the Bean and Spinach Curry and tasty dessert treat (will be a fun group activity); if there is something you would like to prepare here we can do that too…plenty of room. Will have a pasta and pink sauce as back up if needed.
- Potluck for other items – bring a healthy food to share or prepare here
- Share on Facebook what you will bring
- Have a blast doing it…super casual!!!
- Location – Safety Harbor (Alan Graff’s place, aka – The Giraffe’s Den – contact for details)
- Very tentative timing – just to give us an idea (5:00 pm till…..)
- 5:00 pm – start time
- 5:15 pm – watch instructions on how to make the Bean and Spinach Curry from our energizing friends, The Happy Pear
- 5:45 pm – EAT dinner
- 6:30 pm –watch a 5 minute video featuring Dr. Greger and the launch of his new cookbook – this is an incredibly entertaining video!!! Can’t wait to share and will lead us right into….
- 6:40 pm – make Dr. Greger’s Almond Chocolate Truffles
- 7:00 pm – EAT desserts
- 7:30 pm – have more fun…games, chat, eat…..
Can’t wait to see you at the Giraffe’s Den!