I’m not sure if a haircut is my near future with COVID-19 so for fun I looked at some old pictures when my hair was long, wavy and sometimes over my ears as this might be what the future holds for me. Will I be able to hear with my ears covered? Will I look younger or a bit bizarre? Why is there a picture of ex Buccaneer quarterback, Steve DeBerg, in the blog photo?
Here I share an answer to the final question and what stuck out to me that I’ve listened to or watched in the first quarter of the year ranging from health, performance, entertainment, and sports. I share a link to the content if you are interested and a brief note about each.
- Rewind Your Clock (David Sinclair) via The Rich Roll Podcast– the latest research and science on longevity, aging and how to slow its effects.
- The Secrets to Living Long and Well (Dan Buettner) via The Rich Roll Podcast– Blue Zones researcher and author discusses how to live a long and fulfilling life.
- A Pandemic of Possibility (Dr. Zach Bush) via The Rich Roll Podcast – Dr. Bush shares what the pandemic signifies for humanity and the future of planetary ecology. Might be one of the most brilliant people alive.
- Pandemics: History & Prevention (Dr. Michael Greger) – Dr. Greger recorded this video over a decade ago and when watching you could swear he recorded it yesterday discussing what we are up against.
- Don’t Give Pain a Voice (Chad Wright) via The Rich Roll Podcast – ex Navy Seal who discusses the power of the spoken word and how it can influence you and others.
- How to Actually Get Work Done at Home (Dan Harris) via Ten Percent Happier – discusses how to focus while being productive at home when faced with many challenges as a result of COVID-19.
Entertainment – I needed a break this week after spending several weeks focused on COVID-19 topics so…
- I’ve been watching some old movie classics (well, to me) with Morgan that she hasn’t seen including – Shawshank Redemption, Office Space, WarGames, Jagged Edge, and Stonehearst Asylum.
- Archive of American Television interview with comedian, Garry Shandling – Part 1 and 2. One of my favorite comedians who passed away in 2016. Loved hearing all this history.
- Jason Alexander interview via the Gilbert Gottfried’s Amazing Colossal Podcast. Jason shared fascinating backstories of his career including his run on my favorite show of all time, Seinfeld.
- I’m a huge Coldplay fan…saw them in a 2,000 seat venue right before they made it big in the U.S. and was hooked. I recently dove back into their stuff. I found these amazing live performances on YouTube:
- Bruce Arians explains how the Bucs got Tom Brady – I haven’t been this excited about an upcoming Bucs season in a long time. From the blog photo above – that was me sitting in old Tampa Stadium in 1986 when Steve DeBerg was the Quarterback. I took that sideline photo of DeBerg, one of my favorite Bucs. He had the swag even on some really bad teams. He was not the problem…
Maybe one of these will be of interest to you. They provided great value to me in either education or entertainment. I’m trying to manage the balance of educating myself along with alleviating stress through various inputs.
– Add Health to Your Life
*Blog Photo including the 70s and 80s hair – baseball and football photos when I was 11 years old, sitting in old Tampa Stadium at age 18, and DeBerg sporting some 80s hair coming out of the ball cap.