John Joseph is one of the most direct and extremely passionate people living and advocating a whole foods plant-based lifestyle. He does this with a Positive Mental Attitude (PMA) and also wrote a book about it. John is the legendary lead singer of the punk rock band Cro-Mags. Some people appreciate a very direct message and John Joseph delivers just that.
I love his spirit, how he has overcome so many obstacles in his life and is such a positive influence on so many people. Here I share some of my favorite resources I have found about John.
Warning – if you don’t like to hear explicit language and content, this may not be for you.
- Why You Should Know John Joseph– my blog a long time ago about why you should invest some time getting to know John Joseph a bit better to enhance your life. He certainly has enriched mine.
- John delivers short (10-15 minute) videos on YouTube under the title, Hard Truth with John Joseph, where he conducts cooking demonstrations and tells stories as only John can. I find myself truly entertained while learning a great deal.
- Here, John is interviewed on the Build series about his Autobiography, The Evolution of a Cro-Magnon. He shares his transformation from the worst possible childhood anyone could imagine to living with purpose and an incredible Positive Mental Attitude (PMA).
- Guest on the Rich Roll Podcast. This episode (#95) is long-form (2 hour and 20 minutes….great for a couple car rides), goes into his background making him who he is today, discusses his book, Meat Is for Pussies: A How-to Guide for Dudes Who Want to Get Fit, Kick Ass, and Take, Names, (great read!). He may be raw with language, but he is as genuine as you get and simply wants to help people.
- John is interviewed on London Real – People Worth Watching with host, Brian Rose. He has had nine lives. You will not believe how he managed to live through incredible circumstances and now become an inspirational leader in the plant-based movement. “He has the craziest stories I have ever heard…” – host Brian Rose. Warning – this one goes into the most detail of his troubled early years.
- The PMA Effect – his book on Positive Mental Attitude – “How a positive mental attitude can make you the badass you were born to be.” I listened to on audio and John reads it…the passion and PMA comes through. Take accountability for your actions and be a positive influence…don’t make excuses…I love this message!
- Score some PMA gear– I have a couple shirts, hat and book!
- Guest again on the Rich Roll Podcast, Episode 388, – John discusses, The PMA Effect book.
- Follow him on Instagram and Twitter and for more PMA follow The Healthy Giraffe on Instagram and Twitter as well.